Not far from Nacho Patrol World Headquarters lies a place shrouded in mystery. Surrounded by a fog of Brubakers (too soon?) and Old Spice Body Wash, there are thing one would do in Our House West that might otherwise be considered below the standards of decency. And we have done most of those things, yet somehow, they still let us back in.
- Appearance: (7) Colorful enough, but rather flat. We liked the inclusion of fresh veggies but were taken aback by the rogue chili bowl off to the side.
- Quality of Ingredients: (7) We remember generally liking everything but not much else stood out…
- Distribution of Toppings: (4) Last time we came here, we forgot to order chili on our nachos and sorely regretted it. This time, we rectified the error and received…regular nachos with a bowl of chili on the side?? Our House, you have reached a new low in nacho-distribution laziness. Sure, there was ample melted cheese, salsa and guacamole to provide excellent coverage, but we aren’t going to let you rest on that. We have principles to uphold, and we do not approve of cutting corners when it comes to nachos!
- Price: (8) At $8 with chili, these are still pretty cheap. Small, but if you only have a few people, worth it.
- Overall: 26/40 When we originally visited Our House West for the nachos, it was one of our very first reviews, and we have often wondered if we were perhaps too lenient. It turns out that we were– like everything that comes out of this place, these nachos are passably decent yet utterly forgettable.
As a side note, if you’re planning on abstaining from booze for the evening, you’re in for quite a surprise since they charge for refills on soda. If you can name one bar IN THE WORLD that does this, we will buy you…a soda from Our House West. We’re not bitter or anything. And no, we didn’t pay for it.